Thursday, October 17, 2013

My flavor

Falling in love doesn't happen every day but when it does, look out. You always hear people telling you that it'll happen when you least expect it. Some even say they see fireworks when they kiss for the first time. Goosebumps when your love enters the room. Swept off their feet. They stole their heart. So many different sayings about love. "Falling head over heels" is one that absolutely holds true for me. 

I happen to be a very lucky girl. You see, on this very day three years ago, the waiting had ended, and the weight of the world had been lifted from me.  One of those moments you can't believe is happening.  I was physically walking towards him, my heart was beating so fast. Was he really awake or was I dreaming? Then I walked through those doors and the ICU staff was grinning from ear to ear in my direction. I couldn't hear a word they were saying to me. It was a too good to be true deafening experience. As my feet got closer, I turned the corner, and there he was.....looking right at me reaching his hand out towards me. With tears running down my face and a smile so big...I can honestly say at that very moment I fell in love with him all over again. The challenges ahead of us didn't matter because together we are a force to be reckoned with. To this day, he still rocks my world. He's my flavor.  





2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend has had his LVAD for a little over two years now. I can't wait for the day that he gets his heart.

    ReplyDelete