Thursday, January 3, 2013

365

An entire year made up of 365 days has given me so much and at the same time has taken a lot as well. Having said that, I was fortunate enough to share my every day of 2012 with the three loves of my life: Kevin, Kaeden & Quinton.

On the last day of 2012 I found myself sitting in a hotel room in Pasadena. My husband was at float judging for the Rose Parade (he was a float rider for the Donate Life float) and I was waiting for family to arrive. As I sat there, a few thoughts were racing through my head about our entire year together as a couple and as a family.

On New Year's morning I sat in the grandstands at The Rose Parade with both boys and in-laws. It was a chilly 39 degrees at 8:00 am and we were all anxiously awaiting the Donate Life float. The float that Kevin and I had volunteered to help decorate only days prior. The float where Kevin and I had dedicated a rose in honor of our donor family. 

About halfway through the parade the float finally reached where we were and it stopped right in front of us. Everyone was standing up, clapping, cheering, waving, and taking pictures. I was staring at Kevin and he was desperately looking for us in the mass of people .... I saw him smiling and mouthing to me "I can't see you." But we certainly saw him. As I was cheering for him, tears running down my face, and then all my thoughts from the previous day came to what I always knew and what I've said time and time again. With hope, love, and the spirit of generosity all your dreams really can come true. 

Kevin, I look forward to whatever 2013 may give us because as long as you're by my side I know we'll be fine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment