Saturday, November 3, 2012

It's still there, day two

Days two of November has to do with the roof over my head. (and yes I'm aware I'm a day late on this entry but only because I started watching the very popular "Walking Dead" with Kevin recently and yes, we're addicted.)

It's very easy to take for granted the roof over your head. I'll be the first to admit that I've been there, done that. It protects me and my little family from the elements and if you think about it, the roof on your house is always there. It might leak or need a repair once and awhile but it's still there.  Having said this and after viewing the devastation that our friends and family have lived through from Hurricane Sandy... well, the roof over my head is not being taken for granted these days.

Our friends and family that lived through Hurricane Sandy still have a roof over their head. For that, I am thankful. They might not have power yet, but the roof over their head, it's still there.

For the people I know and the ones I don't know that have lost their houses because of Hurricane Sandy.... I can't imagine what you must be going through and my heart aches for you. You're all in my thoughts with hopes that your family is together and safe.  I'm hoping relief of some sort is headed your way to help you rebuild a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment