Wednesday, October 17, 2012

the day I choose to remember

Two years ago today is one I'll never forget.

It was the day Lisa brought over chicken marsala casserole to our house.

The day when I clicked the button for my headset to answer my cell phone and I heard "Tracy, someone wants to say hi." A few seconds later he told me "I love you."

The only day that I actually found a parking space in P1. Elevators from P1 to Plaza Level, running across the plaza level to the Saperstein building, elevators up to the sixth floor, pressing the buzzer over and over for someone to open those double doors.

It was the day when I entered into the CSICU and I can remember all the faces. The doctors, surgeons, nurses, interns...all smiling at me. My excitement level was so high that it was deafening. I literally could not hear a thing until I turned that corner....

I walked in and there he was ........ awake.

He reached out his hand for mine and I leaned in for a kiss... it was real. I wasn't dreaming. Eleven days of the unknown were over.

He was so confused as to why I was grinning ear to ear but with tears running down my face. Speechless and in awe, I was unable to speak in those first few moments..only able to get out  "I love you."

Two years ago today on October 17 was the day I fell in love with Kevin all over again. This day is the day I choose to remember. 

Kevin, I love you with all my heart. You are and always will be the love of my life. I am forever yours.  Love really does conquer all. Together we are a force to be reckoned with. I wouldn't change a thing. And yes, we do ROCK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment